Scroll down to find out more about the structure of Year 11
During Year 11 students are continuing their education as we prepare them for the next phase in their learning adventure. Life after Irlam and Cadishead Academy will be a continual focus throughout the year, ensuring our students are preparing themselves fully for the Summer GCSE exams that will set them up for post 16 education.
Throughout Year 11, students will continue to have presentations on various post 16 establishments. They will be advised on the various pathways possible and what may be better suited to their chosen career.
The Year 11 team will continue to play a key part in monitoring and tracking pupil’s progress. This includes supporting a range of intervention strategies as well as monitoring attendance, attitude to learning and attendance of EPS. All of these aspects will play an integral part in the application and reference process for College’s and Apprenticeships.
Head of Year 11
- Tracks and monitors progress, attendance and behaviour.
- Facilitates intervention strategies which include the ongoing well-being of students.
- Motivates and inspires students to achieve their goals and make required progress.
- Ensures students are prepared for the final year at Irlam and Cadishead Academy.
The Year 11 Form Teacher
- Promotes scholarly behaviour
- Delivers the tutorial programme
- Tracks attendance
- Monitors behaviour
- Acts as an advocate for the students
- Assists students in choosing their 16-18 pathway
The Year 11 Team
- Senior Leader for Year 11 – Mrs C Jones
- Head of Year 11 – Mrs D Cotton
- 11GNE- Mr G Neilson
- 11JMC- Mrs J McKay
- 11MJO- Ms M Joyce
- 11DCA- Ms D Carey
Assemblies – Preparing for the future
- College presentations
- Apprenticeship presentations
- Military careers
- Importance of Attendance
- Raising Aspirations
- Citizenship, which includes British Values and community assemblies.
- Behaviour for Learning expectations
The Tutorial Programme
- CV writing
- Intervention for Maths/English
- Revision tips
- College applications
- Revision time
- Student leadership meetings/events
- Student Planner
- Reading book
- Pens (including spares)
- Pencil Sharpener
- Pocket sized dictionary and thesaurus
- Scientific calculator
Extra Period of Study (EPS)
- All students are required to attend EPS every day until at least 15:30
- Students need 90% attendance to attend prom.
- The purpose of EPS is to raise academic standards and promote the importance of revision with all students.
- Specialist teaching staff provide structured P6 time to benefit all students.
Year 11 Opportunities
- Silver ties- senior prefects/ student leadership team assist teaching staff and senior leaders as well as help plan prom and oversee the prefects.
- Red ties- prefects- assist the senior prefects and hold lunchtime and after school responsibilities.
- Trip to parliament
- PGL revision trip
- School show
Year 11 Events
- Champions evening
- Parents/Carers Evening
- Mock exams
- School Show
- Apprenticeship fair
- PGL revision trip
- Winter Wonderland/ Talent Show