Scroll down to find out more about the transition process into Irlam & Cadishead Academy for 2018 / 2019
Transition 2018 / 2019
Transition is an important part of moving from any school. We have policies and procedures in place to do the utmost to ensure that students transfer from Year 6 to Year 7.
Education should be an unbroken continuum. Policies and procedures are in place at Irlam and Cadishead Academy to do the maximum to ensure that pupils transfer from Year 6 to Year 7 and maintain and build on the momentum established in Key Stage 2.
At Irlam and Cadishead Academy, your child’s well-being is the vital foundation on which we build their learning. Children need to be confident and enthusiastic when attending their ‘new’ Academy in order to learn well.
To support this positive process your child will engage in a variety of activities designed to help them feel comfortable with the Academy, the staff, the curriculum and their peers.
- Using the Academy sports facilities
- Taking part in a variety of learning experiences
- Attending Open Evenings
They will also take part in:
- Visits from Irlam and Cadishead Academy staff and Student Ambassadors to talk about the transition process
- Visits from specialist staff including the Transition Coordinator, Safeguarding Team, Head of Year 7 and the SENDCo.
- Presentations from the Academy Principal
- Year 5 taster lessons
- Year 6 taster lessons
- The three day Year 6 Induction Programme
- Invitations to view the Academy productions
Crucially, you will also be involved in your child’s transition through a Year 6 Induction Evening for Parents/Carers.
The most important thing to us at Irlam and Cadishead Academy is that you feel that you have all the information you need, are able to ask questions and feel confident that your child is making a smooth and worry-free transition from primary to secondary school.
Please see the below dates for upcoming events:
- Open Evening – 9th October, 2018
- Transition Assemblies in Feeder Primary Schools – October 2018 to December, 2018
- Transition Tours of the Academy – on request from October 2019
- Academy Performance of the Jungle Book – Monday 25th and Tuesday 26th March, 2019
- Transition Coffee Mornings – Wednesday 8th and Wednesday 22nd May, 2019
- Year 5 Science Taster Day – Monday 20th May, 2019 (other dates available on request)
- Safeguarding Team/SEND Team/Head of Year 7 to start to visit Feeder Primary Schools – 15th May 2019 onwards
- Pyramid Club for vulnerable students – Thursday 7th June, 2019 (every Thursday for 4 weeks)
- Year 5 Languages Day – Monday 17th June, 2019
- Year 5 English Day with Curtis Jobling – 18th June, 2019 (10 x students from each Feeder Primary Schools)
- Year 5 Sports Day – Thursday 27th June, 2019
- Year 6 Transition Days – Tuesday 2nd, Wednesday 3rd and Thursday 4th July, 2019
- Year 6 Induction Evening for Parents/Carers – Thursday 4th July
- Year 6 Transition Days for students missing original dates – Tuesday 9th and Wednesday 10th of July, 2019
Information for each of these events will be sent nearer the time.
Please contact the Academy if you have any questions or concerns: Main Phone Number – 0161 537 0660, Email – Enquiries@iccollege.org