Scroll down to find out more about the structure of Year 7
As part of the transition process from Year 6, our Year 7 students undertake a Settling in period that helps them achieve the high expectations of an Irlam & Cadishead student. During this period there is a ‘Settling in Evening’ where parents and carers are invited to meet the Year 7 Team.
Also as part of the Settling in period the Year 7 students that need support are identified and take part in our ‘Peer Mentoring’ scheme with students from older year groups.
The Head of Year 7
- Tracks and monitors progress, attendance and behaviour.
- Facilitates intervention strategies which include the ongoing well-being of students.
- Motivates and inspires students to achieve their goals and make required progress.
The Year 7 Form Teacher
- Promotes scholarly behaviour
- Delivers the tutorial programme
- Tracks attendance
- Monitors behaviour
- Acts as an advocate for the students
The Year 7 Team
Senior Leader for Year 7 – Mrs J Sweeney
Head of Year 7 – Miss K Lloyd
7HBE- Mrs H Beecham
7JBL- Miss J Blackburn
7EMC- Mr E McDyer
7JMU- Mr J Mulligan
7EGA- Mrs E Gardner
Assemblies – Developing the Student
- Aspire Work Hard and Achieve
- Importance of Attendance
- Raising Aspirations
- Scholarly Habits
- Citizenship, which includes British Values and community assemblies.
- Behaviour for Learning expectations
The Tutorial Programme
- Road Safety
- Student Planner
- Reading book
- Pens (including spares)
- Pencil Sharpener
- Pocket sized dictionary and thesaurus
- Scientific calculator
- Available at lunch times and after school
- Homework club available daily from 3-4pm in the TLRC
- Essential that all Year 7 students attend one club weekly.
Year 7 Opportunities
- Ambassadors, representing the school at various events
- Captains, helping the Year 7 team
- School show
Year 7 Events
- Settling in Evening
- Parents/Carers Evening
- Art competitions
- School Show
- Halloween Disco
- Winter Wonderland/ Talent Show