The importance of schools promoting British values is not new:
“The school curriculum should contribute to the development of pupils’ sense of identity through knowledge and understanding of the spiritual, moral, social and cultural heritages of Britain’s diverse society and of the local, national, European, Commonwealth and global dimensions of their lives.”
National Curriculum (2008)
“Teachers uphold public trust in the profession and maintain high standards of ethics and behaviour, within and outside school, by not undermining fundamental British values, including democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect, and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.”
Teachers’ Standards (2011)
What is meant by “British Values”?
Although not an exhaustive list, Irlam & Cadishead College promotes the British Values of:
- The Rule of Law
- Individual Liberty
- Mutual Respect
- Tolerance of those of different faiths and beliefs
These values buy sumatriptan in spain support the national Prevent Strategy, put before Parliament in 2011 by the Home Secretary as a response to radicalisation of British citizens. Consequently, all schools must provide a clear statement of British values and outline how they are promoted.
How are British Values promoted at Irlam & Cadishead College?
- ICC’s motto is “Aspire, Work Hard & Achieve”. Students are frequently reminded about the importance of these values for success in College and beyond.
- Students participate in the ICC Tutorial Programme which covers Personal, Social, Health and Citizenship Education (PSHCE). An Assembly Programme also delivers PSHCE
- British Values are promoted across the curriculum in both Key Stage 3 and 4. Coverage is “mapped” using Gridmaker
- The ICC Funding Foundation support a local charity, St. Ann’s Hospice, and an International charity, WaterAid.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/3″][vc_masonry_media_grid element_width=”12″ gap=”10″ initial_loading_animation=”fadeIn” grid_id=”vc_gid:1491861044279-ae91dcd8-c050-4″ include=”84,83,82″][/vc_column][/vc_row]