Scroll down to find out more about the Children's Trust Practitioner
Children's Trust Practitioner
Irlam & Cadishead College is committed to supporting students and their families. The Family Assessment Process is used to ensure that support and guidance is directed appropriately. This may include:
referral to the parenting team for more in-depth support
- home conditions and safety
- welfare rights concerns
- behaviour management
- debt issues
- housing issues
More information can be found on the website: Intervention & Prevention Service
Support continues for all students in school and there is an array of agencies that we call upon for their expertise, as well as delivering school based workshops. These include raising awareness of Domestic Violence, Bullying and Mental Health issues, including Self Harm.
Referrals can be made in confidence to our School Counsellor or to a specialist based professional service such as:
- 42nd Street Charity - offers individual theraputic support for students who are experiencing high levels of anxiety/stress
- Achieve Drug and Alcohol Services – Achieve Young People’s Team offer expert advice and information on drugs, alcohol and other substances to young people (under 25’s) living in Salford
- School Nurse Drop in Service – Based in school every Tuesday lunchtime
- Integrated Youth Support Services – offering 121 and group based activities to engage students in positive activities.