Scroll down to find out more about the transition process into Irlamd & Cadishead College
Transition is an imporant part of moving form any school. We have policies and procedures in place to do the utmost to ensure that students transfer from Year 6 to Year 7.
When a seedling is transplanted from one place to another, the transplantation may be a stimulus or a shock. The careful gardener seeks to minimise shock so that the plant is re-established as easily as possible - Gleave Joett & Bate
Education should be an unbroken continuum. Policies and procedures are in place at Irlam and Cadishead College to do the utmost to ensure that pupils transfer from Year 6 to Year 7 and maintain and build on the momentum established in Key Stage 2.
At Irlam and Cadishead College, your child’s well being is the vital foundation on which we build their learning. Children need to be confident and enthusiastic when attending their ‘new’ College in order to learn well. To support this positive process your child will engage in a variety of activities designed to help them feel comfortable with the College, the staff, the curriculum and their peers.
- Using the College sports facilities
- Taking part in a variety of learning experiences
- Attending Open Evenings
- They will also take part in:
- Visits from Irlam and Cadishead College staff and Student Ambassadors to talk about the transition process
- Visits from specialist staff including the Transition Coordinator, the Children’s trust Practitioner and the SENCo.
- Presentations from the College Principal
- Year 5 taster lessons
- Year 6 taster lessons
- The two day Year 6 Induction Programme
- Invitations to view the College productions
Crucially, you will also be involved in your child’s transition through a Year 6 Induction Evening for Parents/Carers. The most important thing to us at Irlam and Cadishead College is that you feel that you have all the information you need, are able to ask questions and feel confident that your child is making a smooth and worry-free transition from primary to secondary school.
Please contact the Transition Co-ordinator on 0161 921 2109 or email: ICCollege@salford.gov.uk if you have any questions or concerns.
Please see the files below for additional information: