Scroll down to find out more about the admissions process for your child to start at Irlam and Cadishead College
Year 7 Admissions for September 2019
The process begins at the beginning of the Autumn Term when your child begins Year 6 at primary school. Detailed information about admissions to Salford Schools can be found at http://www.salford.gov.uk/primary-transfer.htm where the Salford Admissions Booklet can be accessed.
The Deadline for Applications
The deadline for application for secondary school places for September 2019 is
31 October 2018. If you need to apply for a school place you can complete the application online or download an application form from the document section on the following link http://www.salford.gov.uk/primary-transfer.htm.
Our Partner Primary Schools
Our partner primary schools are as follows.
- Cadishead Primary School, Allotment Road, Cadisheadm Manchester, M44 5JD
- Fiddlers Lane Community Primary School, Fiddlers Lane, Irlam, Manchester, M44 6QE
- Irlam Endowed Primary School, Chapel Road, Irlam, Manchester, M44 6EE
- Irlam Primary School, Liverpool Road, Irlam, Manchester, M44 6NA
- Moorfield Primary School, Cutnook Lane, Irlam Manchester, M44 6GX
- St Mary’s CE Primary School, Buckingham Road, Cadishead, Manchester, M44 5HG
The Right to Appeal
Parents/Guardians are notified of the school where their child has been allocated a place in March. After the place allocation if parents/guardian wish to appeal they should contact The Schools Admission Team.
- Address: Children’s Services, Second Floor, Unity House, Salford Civic Centre, Chorley Road, Swinton M27 5AW
- Telephone: 0161 909 6508
Places Available at Irlam & Cadishead College
The standard Admission Number for each year group is currently:
Our Year 6 Open Evening took place on Tuesday, 9th October, 2018. Please call 0161 537 0660 if you would like to request a tour during the school day.
Introducing Students to the College
Before students start in September, they are invited into Irlam and Cadishead College for a two day Induction Programme. This gives students the opportunity to meet the Y7 Head of Year, their Form Teacher and other key members of staff. During the first half term in Year 7, there is a ‘Settling In’ evening followed up throughout the year with a Parents Evening and regular formal progress reports.
Mid-Term Admissions to Years 7-11
Application for places can only be made through the Salford Admissions Team – please telephone 0161 909 6508 to request a mid-term application form. If a place is available they will contact you. If the year group is full you will be notified and if you consent you will be placed on our waiting list in accordance with the admissions criteria.